Hi, my name is Yaminah Smith and I'm in Mrs. Santos' period 3 class. What I've liked mosted about this English class is that we do a lot of group discussions. This allows us to share ideas, explain our opinions, and express ourselves along with our thoughts. Overall, it creates an open environment within the classroom which I think can be very essential to learning. Through group dicussions I believe my classmates and I also develope a better understanding of the literatures that we read.
The author of "A Doll's House" is playwrighter, Henrik Johan Ibsen. Growing up, his mother had an interest in playing the piano, painting, and theatre. Overtime, Ibsen gain this same interest for arts. By the time he was 8 years old, his family faced proverty due to a downfall in his father's business as a merchant. The family was then forced to sell off their earnings and move to a farm. There, Hernrik focused most of his time on arts, performance, magic tricks, and literature. By the age of 15, Ibsen dropped school and begin working. In 1849 he wrote his first play, "Catilina".
In 1862, Ibsen moved to Italy after being exiled from Norway. In Italy, he wrote "Brand" which was based on his life during 1865. This play made him well known in Scandinavia. Just two years later, he wrote "Peer Gynt". In 1868, Ibsen moved to Germany where his plays "The Pillars of Society" and most famous "A Doll's House" we're performed. In 1890 he wrote "Hedda Gaber" and a year later returned to Norway as a "literary hero". Henrik died at age 78 on May 23 of 1906 in Oslo, Norway.
- I didn't want to read to much of the summaries of the play because I didn't want to give away the play but based off of what I read I'm not exactly sure how the title connects to the play's plot.
Sources:
http://www.biography.com/people/henrik-ibsen-37014#synopsis
http://www.shmoop.com/dolls-house/summary.html
No comments:
Post a Comment